View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 01:12 PM   #32
Gypsy & Me
lovin my girls
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkieisme View Post
I thought it was just a curious question(s) for her to ask. Maybe she was just trying to start up a conversation with you and felt this was the only way how. For her to be walking her dog by afterwards still does not seem strange. Yes the question about the price of the yorkie is a little much, but still not deemed "weird" some people want yorkies and they are wondering about the cost of a beautiful yorkie, this could be a really good educational question if you speak to her about the cost in detail about the average of a healthy yorkie and what to expect from breeders. The dog she was walking also are very pricey with major health issues if not bred right, so she could just be curious on everything.

Sorry yt members if I don't agree with the weirdness of the OP, the other lady could have walked off thinking the same thing.

J
I don't know, I think there are better ways to strike up a conversation or a friendship than to just invade someones property and let their dog leap all over yours. I think Claire was right to act the way she did and I would of reacted the same way. Like someone else said, she could of stayed on the other side of the fench and held a conversation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti View Post
Whether she was curious or something else she should have asked permission to enter your garden and I say always go with your gut feeling. There are too many scary people arpund these days. Hopefully she will not be back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucia View Post
Hi everyone, I'm pleased most of you feel I'm not overreacting to this situationOf course she could have been perfectly innocent and simply interested in yorkies - but the way she approached me by letting herself into MY garden, and then telling me to 'shut my door quick' before her dog came into MY house made me really angry. I'm usually very trusting of people but something about this woman just didnt feel right xxx xxx
I don't think you overreacted at all... I think in this day and age it's better to be safe than sorry and if something doesn't feel right to you and your not comfortable then you should remove yourself from the situation... it's worse when it's on your own doorstep.
Gypsy & Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!