View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 09:02 AM   #5
yorkiesmiles
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraLove View Post
sounds good. I just wasnt sure but the allergy thing makes sense. right now im feeding my 12 week old Eukanuba small breed puppy but soon i want to switch to something higher quality, but still affordable. I just wanted to make sure to look for the right kind because i want whats best for my baby but there are sooo many different kinds to choose from!

when dog foods say they contain "no fillers" is it grain they are talking about?
Fillers - are junk, not necessarily grains. If you want to use a grain-free food, you need to find one that states that. Mine used to eat Innova - love, love, love the product -- but both Bubba & Roxy began licking their paws this year (they are 7 - didn't seem to have allergies before)

Eukaneba is not that high of quality of food, so it is good you plan on changing foods. Remember when you go to a higher quality food, you will likely feed less, so the cost overall per meal will be less.

Some people do not agree with a grainfree diet - the biggest thing I would say stay away from any food with corn in it!

You can go to this site & read a list of ingredients for almost every food on the market - there are opinions & ratings out there - but remember this is someone's opinion. I would recommend using a 4 or 5 star food. Many (not all) avoid the 6 star foods for yorkies because they are higher in protein Dog Food Analysis - Reviews of kibble
yorkiesmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!