View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 01:46 AM   #1
Darcybaby
Yorkie Yakker

Default Tracheobronchitis,Dermatophitosis-help!

Hello again
Since my last post (while ago) we found a new vet and we did a skin test and a general examination.
She found Darcy have a tracheobronchitis (think this is kennel cough ) and dermatophitosis ( I did a little research but I couldn’t find anything about it for dogs) He still scratches a lot and the vet gave me something to put on the places he scratches most and he was on antibiotics 5 days for the tracheobronchitis. She said That if the scabs and the scratching don’t go away for a month or so she have to put him on some kind of vaccine (4 times for 1 month and we have to repeat this every 6 months) for the rest of his life, also when his body clear up from the antibiotics she may do a bloodwork .This dermaoph… was a secondary thing . I think his immune system is very weak and I need some advice how to boost it.
If anyone experienced the similar conditions or can help me to understand what this dermatophitosis is please help.
I home cook for him and he is on chicken and vegetables and rise and barley ( a recipe I found in here), because his tummy was upset during the meds.
I started to mix in his dry food two days ago.

We all are very tired from the last three months. I just hate to see him like that and it hurts when I don’t know how to help him.
Thank you in advance
Darcybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!