View Single Post
Old 09-30-2005, 06:25 AM   #1
Deegan's mom
YT 1000 Club Member

Unhappy Deegan doens't like to pee in the cold

It's been pretty darn chilly here the last few mornings, and I can't for the life of me get Deegan to go pee outside. We even go out with him to coax him to go. But he just sits at the door and scratches at it to go in. When I put him out he is wearing his coat or sweater to keep him as warm as possible.

I'm afraid that if I start to pee pad train him he will get confused and start going everywhere in the house. He's been doing well with his potty training, but since this cold weather has come, he won't go outside and then comes in and goes in the house somewhere. I am getting so frustrated, and it's just the begining of the season.

Also, another problem is that we are going on vacation Nov. 5th. And my boyfriends parents are puppy sitting for us. His mother really wants to, but his dad doesn't like animals in the house. So I would prefer for him to pee outside, especially while he is at their house. I don't think my bf's dad would like him peeing and pooping in the house - even if it is on a pad.

Has anyone ever been in this situation? Could you tell me what you did to overcome this problem?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!