Thread: Sleeping Warm
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2005, 04:21 AM   #1
susansmom
YT Addict

Default Sleeping Warm

I think Susan might have been chilly last night. She sleeps in her crate on a fluffy cushion, but the house was cold last night and I'm worried about her being on the floor. I wonder if I threw a blanket over 3 sides of her crate if that would help. Eventually I want her to sleep on the bed, but I want to wait until she's reliably housebroken. I let her up on the bed if I'm just sort of dozing after she and I have been for our very early morning walk and gone back to bed. She was shivering this morning when we came in and right now she's in bed with my husband with whom she's just now making friends. Maybe this "cocooning" will help that relationship. But what about tonight? We had a poodle when I was a little girl who wouldn't go to sleep until she had her blanket on and she'd carefully walk around the house in the on those cold Iowa mornings with the blanket draped over her back; she didn't want to lose it. Maybe Susie needs a blanket inside the crate,too? Maybe a baby's receiving blanket would be good? A little cat sized bed with short sides or even one with a hood might fit inside her crate. What do you all do to keep your babies warm?
susansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!