Thread: Help!!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 06:01 AM   #9
pennyspal
YorkieTalk Newbie!

I have a puppy mill rescue that was 8 years old when she was rescued. She was in really bad shape...and ready to be killed. After many tears and a lot of work, and more than 3 years later, she is doing very well. But she will never stop cowering when you pet her. Working with a puppy mill rescue is different than working with other rescues. Some of the advice given to you here is good and some could be damaging. I would suggest going to some of the puppy mill websites and contact people who deal with this all of the time. That's what I did. I would love to talk to you and help you out. If you would like, you can e-mail me and we can get together on the phone. If I don't talk to you, just remember that it takes a lot of patience and you have to let him do everything at his own pace. Good luck. Good for you for rescuing him! One more thing; I have met a lot of dog trainers and "behaviorist" that do not understand these dogs. Again, the best thing to do is to talk to people who have done this successfully.
pennyspal is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!