View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 04:49 AM   #16
lakota2000
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownCow45 View Post
I found a breeders website today and she bred rare colored yorkies. I remember there was golden and tri- colored yorkies on there and they where akc. I didn't know there could be other colors ?

By the looks of it, it all looked like mix-breeds for a bit the way she put the colors it seemed like it was a breed over a color. Does that make sense?

I was wondering does anyone have a rare colored yorkie?
Or seen one?
I tend to believe whatever AKC or the Yorkshire Terrier Club of America says is standard is standard. Don't they have a "requirement" for what breeds are supposed to look like? With all the "designer" dogs there could be up to a million or so different breeds if people were left to distinguish they're own desires. I've attached a picture of her and you can see the black starting to come in just behind her neck. I've never bred her because of this reason.

Here's a funny story, I go to college and there is a bulletin board where everyone posts things for sale and what not. Someone posted a Chorkie for sale, I wrote back and asked what a Chorkie was. Someone told me it is a cross between a Chihuahua and a Yorkie. I posted back "In my day they called those mutts" LOL needless to say no one said anything else. LMBO

I have a 6 year old female Yorkie that was born black and tan but when she got to be about a year old her black back started to turn the same color as her head. Only now has she started to get a little darker. A very smart lady that I got my boy from said she was called a "running gold" which is not standard at all. But I love her just the same now so it doesn't matter if she was green. I saw her mama and daddy and they were black and tan but the black wasn't very pronounced. But like I said she started off black.
Attached Thumbnails
Rare colored yorkies?-missy_0004_edited-3.jpg  
lakota2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!