View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 06:23 PM   #11
Erin
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Did you give her a bath yet? If not I would do that immediately. Find a mild shampoo you are not allergic to (I like Buddy Wash, no chemicals) and use that. You can use human shampoo today if you need to but then find a dog shampoo for weekly baths or it will dry out her skin too much.

I am allergic to most dogs, cats, birds, etc etc etc. and Sammy and Loki sleep with me and I'm fine. I can stick my face in their fur and I'm OK both asthma and allergy wise and I could NEVER do that with another dog - even another Yorkie - because not everyone is like me about weekly baths and such. Sometimes they only make it 6 days I'm not a freak about wiping their paws when they come inside and that sort of thing because I would spend my life wiping paws, but like Sam went to the vet Tuesday and I had to give her a bath right away (and wash all of my clothes and coat) because I was sneezing.

Seriously, I promise it will help. Wash all of her bedding and blankets and everything she touched before and give her a good bath (or two) The lady who had Sammy before me used a perfume spray on her and I was terrified I was allergic to her and after a bath or two with Buddy Wash I was fine.

Good luck!!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!