Thread: Mvd
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 05:31 PM   #1
danzal
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Mvd

Hello all
I am new to this group and have learned alot from this site. We have a 9mth old Yorkie girl, Bailey who we adore. She has been diagnosed with MVD about two months ago. I am wanting to make sure we are doing everything we can for her. Her last Post Bile Acid test was 45. Pre having her spayed this last Monday we tested again and it is 85! I was shocked as I was sure it would be lower. She has been asymptomatic to date and we only discovered this when dong preop blood work a couple of months ago. At that time I switched her from puppy dry food(min of 28% of crude protein to Science Diet min of 21.5% crude protein) I was worried about decreasing her protein too much since she is a puppy and her initial levels were not that high. Now that we have this much higher level I have suggested to our vet we switch her to a prespcription liver diet. So my questions are any advice? What else can we be doing? How often should these levels be done? What is the group's experience with a level doubling in less that two months?

Thanks in advance!
danzal is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!