View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 12:07 PM   #1
LBH
Senior Yorkie Talker

Angry Moose eats EVERYthing off the floor!

Hi everyone,

My 8 month old yorkie, Moose eats EVERYTHING off the floor, and I mean every single tiny tidbit of anything that is on the floor. I know this is a common problem with yorkies, but I am completely at my wits end with Moose. I sweep/vaccum once a day then go over the floor with a swiffer mop..but Moose walks around with his nose to the floor 24 hours a day, and he inevitably finds fuzz/hair/dust and other tiny things.

I am home with him all day and he gets plenty of playtime and walks twice a day, and usually 30 minutes off of his leash at the park once a day, so he is definitely not bored or un-exercised. But I cannot stop him from sniffing up everything on the floor; his nose never leaves the floor if he is walking. I have been to the vet with him three times in the last 4 months because he has eaten things that have made him sick. It hasn't been two weeks since his last bout of sickness and since yesterday, he is throwing up and having a little diarrhea AGAIN. And AGAIN, its from eating things..this time it was a piece of string and a hairball. Last time it was pine needless..I could go on and on.

I cannot keep paying expensive vet bills for the same diagnosis each time and I get so worried about the little guy when he gets sick like this I have tried everything to stop this behavior short of confining him to a pen. I'm here all day so I really don't want to have him cooped up in a pen all day. I just want him to be a healthy, happy yorkie with his nose off the floor for once! I hate to even mention the word muzzle...has anyone ever had to resort to this to keep them from eating everything? i'm willing to try anything!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!