View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 11:56 AM   #1
Telmari
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Question New Yorkie Owners! And, I'm allergic :( - help!

Hi all! My name is Joshua, and my wife and I are brand new Yorkie owners! () We just got our pup Luna last night, and she is 2 months old and soooo adorable! She runs around the house all playful and hasn't gotten into any trouble so far - seems to just like being around us!

However! I have always had asthma & really bad allergies to animals in general (birds, cats, dogs) and thought that since Yorkies are more hypo-allergenic than other pets, there would be a better chance I wouldn't react to Luna.

Unfortunately, this isn't the case! While my asthma is fine with her, my eyes & nose seem to get pretty stuffed up and watery when I'm around her...Which is super sad, because I love playing with her!

I know there's a lot of fairly generic tips on "how to prevent pet allergies" like getting a good allergy air filter, washing the pet appropriately often, not letting it be in the bedroom/etc... but I was wondering if there were any more specific tips for being around Yorkies.... if you/someone you know has allergies to Yorkies, what's the best way you know of to either get rid of the allergy..or minimize its symptoms altogether? We really really want to keep our little Luna!

Thanks so much in advance!

-J
Telmari is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!