Thread: Ear care
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 09:58 AM   #4
Dara311
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherjoy View Post
I have been unsuccessful in searching on here for general ear care for my Abigail. I know we are supposed to avoid water in the ears but after bathing her, she smells nice and clean except for her ears. They don't "stink," they just don't smell fresh like the rest of her. How can I safely clean them?

Thanks!

Abigail's mom, Sherry
If her ears arent dirty, then there really isnt a need to clean them. However, when you get her groomed, make sure they do an ear plucking- its where they pull the extra hair in the ear canal, that helps cut down some moisture in the canal. If you want to do general ear cleaning, you can use warm water and vinegar mixture and put it on a cotton ball, NEVER use a q-tip since you will just push all the debris back in the ear canal. Fiona's ears have been perfectly normal, so I don't clean them at all. Next time you go to the vet, ask them to show you the proper way of cleaning the ears! Good luck! I will tell you, that when/if you clean the ears, when you hold her ear, hold it flat like an airplane wing, most people tend to pull the ear flap up, and it actually closes the ear canal, and you wont get a good clean! hope this helps and make sense, i tend to just ramble and ramble!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!