View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 04:03 PM   #1
Sally Cage
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Sad Itchy/Scratchy Teddy

Hello,

My Teddy is 3yrs old and has always did a LITTLE scratching and biting, especially on his front legs where the bend is. I have taken him to the vets countless times, and each time they prescribe some sort of pill that I have to literally shove down his throat and the pills never seem to work. I have tried over the counter Benadryl, hot spot sprays, etc. Nothing seems to work. And now, more recently, he has been biting / scratching his front legs and more than ever, his rear end by his tail. I have even starting giving him weekly baths because he starts smelling from chewing on his coat so much and it seems like the oatmeal baths kind of sooth him a little, but as each day goes by he starts chewing and scratching more and more, and I am even starting to worry that the baths are just making matters worse. He does not have any fleas and is on the vet prescribed flea medicine that he gets every month, and has not really started losing any hair. He eats the same food and treats that he has eaten forever. I cannot afford to go to the vet upteen more times with no relief. Please help me help my Teddy.

Last edited by Sally Cage; 01-07-2009 at 04:05 PM.
Sally Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!