View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 02:17 PM   #1
AmyChristine
YT 1000 Club Member

Unlove RIP Sweet Rocky (Our Heart Dog)

It has taken me about four weeks to be able to post this. The first two attempts turned me into a sobbing mess.

My sweet little boy, Rocky died just a few short months after he wriggled his way into my heart. He was only mine for about 3 1/2 months, and passed away just 6 hours after we had noticed that he was sick. He was having trouble breathing and I took him to the vet. The vet had a few suspects of what it could be but before I could get any answers he was gone. It is so hard not having answers.

He was such a fighter and the weeks following his death I learned just what a miracle he really was. Rocky was born weighing not even a full ounce, about the size of a thumb. He shouldn't have made it. Wendy, his wonderfull breeder didn't think that he would ever be large enough to show, but she kept him anyway, he made it to a full 4lbs and was only one point away from finishing. He beat the odds and brought both Wendy and me so much joy and happiness. A total baby and attention hog! I miss him so much. I still can't believe that he is gone, I can't move his crate, and his favorite blanket is still on my bed where he really slept most of the time because he made the most pittiful sweet cry when he didn't want to be crated.

I miss watching him play with Copper, they had so much fun together, Copper gained 1/2lb in the months since Rocky came now I am back to hand feeding him to get him to eat. Poor Copper wouldn't even look at me when I came home without Rocky and I just feel so so bad, He still waits by the door alot of the day. Rocky will be forever in our hearts, and rememberd each day for all the joy he brought to my home. RIP my special little boy
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!