View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 02:03 PM   #1
asiatic143
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Maki hates the pad

I just got Maki 3 weeks ago. He was supposedly potty trained both outside and indoors on the pad. While I can definitely see he knows to do his business when outside, Maki has no qualms about peeing around the house - and NOT on the pads. In fact, he does everything possible to AVOID doing his business on the pad. I've even seen him lay on it like it's a bed! ARgh...

We've tried crate training him, but he seems to be SO against the pads that he's:

1) held his pee in for 10+ hours before
2) chewed through the entire pad, just to poop/pee on the floor underneath
3) if he's absolutely forced to potty on the pad, he'll either cover it up with another pad or towel

I'm not sure what to do. I come home everyday to a mess of some sort. Does it take that long to adjust to a new environment? And if so, what should I do? Crate training him seems to be a bit cruel, considering he's willing to hold it for 10+ hours just to avoid peeing on the pad. I mean, that can't be healthy for his bladder.

As of right now, we take him out once in the AM before work, gate him in a confined space during the day, then take him out again around 6p when we get home, again around 10p, and AGAIN before bedtime (usually 12-1a).
asiatic143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!