View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 10:01 AM   #10
TexasKate
Yorkie Talker

Thank you all for your love and support. I am the kind of person that needs to remove all things that remind me in order to start to heal. Not throw them away, just put them all somewhere until I am ready to look at them again someday. I went through the house, and gathered up her toys, clothes, food dishes, beds, crates, etc. I put them in a closet upstairs where they will stay until I am ready, or maybe have a new baby that can use them Unfortunately, I keep finding little things- a bandanna here, a bow there- so it is still so hard.
Sophie was going to start a class on the 16th to begin her journey to be a therapy dog, to take to hospitals and retirement homes. I used to take her to my son's preschool everyday at pickup time, to let all of the toddlers pet her carefully- she LOVED kids. When I picked him up yesterday, all of the kids asked where my puppy was. That was super hard, too. I am a very active person, and she taught me to sit and relax and enjoy my family. She taught my almost 4 year old to be calm, and respect small animals and the responsibility that goes along with them.
I am thankful for all the lives she touched and the time I did have with her. My son keeps asking when we are going to get a "new" Sophie- I just don't know if I will ever find a dog as wonderful...
TexasKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!