View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 11:25 PM   #1
TexasKate
Yorkie Talker

Default For my little Sophie- RIP

I have never posted before- I guess it was luck that I found this site and was able to read all of your stories. It gives me peace of mind to know so many of you have gone through this and have the support of each other. I lost my little Sophie Bear on January 3rd. I got her last January 3rd in a sad ironic twist. She was a year old on October 15th. I had her with me all day- at the lake fishing with my family, at Blockbuster, and at Starbucks. We got home, and I let her outside to go potty and play with my other dog, a rescue mutt. When I asked my son to let her back in, he said only the other dog came back. My husband walked out back and found my little Sophie in the pool, drowned. The water temp in our pool right now is only 48 degrees, so I guess she fell in and was unable to swim to the steps. I was and am absolutely devastated. She was the best dog I could have asked for. I can't have any more children, so she was like the daughter I never had- I swear she had as many outfits as my son I think the worst is the guilt of not being out there with her to pull her out of the pool. It was 83 degrees that day, and she loved playing outside providing it was warm! She swam in the pool all summer with us, so it must have been the water temp that made it happen so fast.
I will miss my little girl- I know I will see her again someday.
TexasKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!