View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 05:54 PM   #11
romeos mommy
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie May View Post
I don't like RC either but it may be unavoidable.
Does he have soft stool/are the glands not being emptied when he has a bowel movement?

If the vet really does believe it is food allergies causing this, there are other foods that may work. However, this sounds serious and you may just want to go with the vet's advice. If you want to experiment, there is always Natural Balance sweet potato and duck and California Natural.
His stool is normal. He had a little blood bubble hanging from his anus. I popped it by accident. It did bleed and it stopped. The vet cleaned his anal glands internally and there was dry pus (probably no active infection because it was dry) and he screeched.

I bought the RC and I just don't feel confident feeding him food without an animal protein. I feel that they weren't willing to look into Wellness Simple Solutions. They said their lots vary from batch to batch. I just want his bottom to get better. I am so upset.

He was eating Nutro Natural Choice Lamb and Rice. It was the only food he would eat. I know it's not the best. The vet said it was good and the lamb and rice is easy on his tummy. (He had this blood bubble back in Nov too)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!