View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 04:28 PM   #11
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jexxie View Post
She emailed me back and said it was her ad. She said her husband listed it for her and she was going to change it to 9 weeks.. So,, I feel alot better about it now. I was just worried cuz I have 8 week pups and they are still so small and just now have there teeth all the way in.

I'm bothered by the fact that you seem to only care that she was selling them too early. YTCA rules require yorkies to be kept a minimum of 12 weeks, the different state laws applies to all dogs and make no exceptions for the smaller breeds. Nine weeks is just not good enough, and important socialization takes place in those final weeks. While every yorkie is cute, few should actually be bred, are you even sure yours don't have hereditary problems such as LP? It really bothers me that you are selling dogs that anyone can breed, and in turn she will be selling dogs that again anyone can breed, without ever knowing if they should be bred. After owning a purebred who was produced by an irresponsible backyard breeder, and watching the pain and suffering this little guy had to go through, as well as watching my children who loved him dearly, I can't tell you enough how important it is to become a responsible breeder. When you are producing puppies, you are producing something that has a major impact on someone's life. You should learn all you can about breeding, and choosing the right families for your pets.

Last edited by Nancy1999; 01-06-2009 at 04:30 PM.
Nancy1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!