View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 01:06 PM   #5
roxies_mom
YT 1000 Club Member

I know what you mean. My daughter's ex-boyfriend bought our daughter a puppy (against our wishes) the first Christmas they were together. He had his own place but she still lives at home staying there here and there. The puppy he got her is a Siberian Husky which came from the Amish community and you pretty much know what that means. Of course he gives her this puppy and her reaction is one of instant love but wondering what she'll do with it since she was still in college and working at the time. Needless to say she's very maternal as well. You know the type, if you love it you must take care of it. Besides it was too late because she fell in love with her. He also wanted to breed her (the dog). OMG!! Even my daughter was totally against that. I tried and tried to point out that there is way more to breeding then he knows or even me for that matter. Plus guess who was taking care of this puppy while they worked and she was at school because dd wouldn't leave the puppy at his house. Anyway to make this long rediculous story short, we got thru almost 3 years of this dog not being fixed or getting prego. But the day came when she was at his house and a neighbor dog wondered into the yard. She ended up having 5 puppies. Soon after they broke up, and we have the dog. Daughter finally just was able to afford to get her fixed thank goodness. But my oldest son decided to keep one of the puppies. Great dog, but a moose. I really like you don't understand why some people want to take this on when they don't know what the heck they're doing. They think it's cute and blah blah. It's just plain crazy!
roxies_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!