View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 12:39 PM   #3
Deegan's mom
YT 1000 Club Member

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
Its hard enough when I read about people like this, but to have to work with one would really be difficult. Nobody ever sees themselves as a backyard breeder, they all think of themselves as small breeders or hobby breeders, but if they aren't actually trying to improve the breed than they are a backyard breeder, and are definitely damaging the breed. Try not to get too upset with her, and perhaps you could give her some tips on puppy placement, and what to look for when choosing homes. If more breeders would be more selective in placing their pets, rescues and pounds wouldn't have such a problem.
Believe me I have! I try to stay composed most of the time when I give her advice, but it gets hard because she doesn't really listen. For instance, on her last litter I told her she should make sure to meet the whole family, inquire about other pets, maybe even do a home visit if she could, etc... But at a minimum told her she should get personal references and a vet reference for sure just to see how well they've been at taking caring of their current or previous pets. She just said she didn't have time for that. ?!?!?! Makes me so angry!! Then when I told her that she should at least sell the puppies with a no breeding or spay/neuter contract, she still said that was too much extra work!!!!! I just want to hurt her!!!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!