View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 11:07 AM   #12
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieF7 View Post
How often should i brush my yorkie teeth?
and what would be the best tooth brush and toothpaste i can use for him?

is the petzlife gel good enough or would i need another toothpaste?
Petzlife should be used in conjunction with tooth brushing, the Petzlife gel is said to soften tartar, and you brush it away at a later time. You have to leave it on for 30 minutes with no food. If he doesn't have any tartar just twice a week is enough to use Petzlife, otherwise you have to use it daily to actually get rid of accumulated tartar. I brush Joey's teeth 3 times a week and use the Petzlife twice a week. He also gets Merrick Bully Sticks, and I believe they also help scrap off the tartar, at least it sure sounds like it when he's chewing them. I recently bought the fingertip toothbrush, a little apparatus that fits on your finger and has rubber bristles, and I like this better than the tooth brushes, and think it gives more control. At his last check-up Joey's vet said his teeth were perfect, and to keep doing whatever I've been doing because Yorkies usually have bad teeth and are very prone to tartar. Make sure you use a toothpaste for dogs, the sweetner in human toothpaste can be deadly for dogs. Joey likes the poutry flavored toothpaste.

Last edited by Nancy1999; 01-06-2009 at 11:08 AM.
Nancy1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!