View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 10:55 AM   #1
Bellas_mommy
YT 500 Club Member

Question *Advice* How should I introduce Bella to a friend's poodle?!

Hi All
I am returning back to college this week (and taking Bella back with me of course) and my friend is also moving back this semester (with her little pup as well). Under normal circumstances I would be completely ecstatic, however, I am concerned because this will be the first time that we will both have our babies at school. And I want to make sure that these little ones grow up to be good friends (or at least civil to each other). Bella is 4.5lbs and will be 8 months next week and is spayed. And Latte' (my friend's Toy Poodle) is about the same weight and will be approx 2 years and is not spayed. Both Bella and Latte' are the only dogs in the family and both are very pampered little ones.

Thus far my Bella has been very friendly with other dogs that we encounter (wagging tail, giving kisses). However, she has not been exposed to many dogs for prolonged periods of time other than her littler mates and I have NEVER had another dog in my apartment. Latte' has been exposed to a few other dogs in the past and is friendly for the most part or she is shy. The only times that she has expressed any aggression has been towards children that have handled her too roughly.

My concern is that Latte' when into her first heat about 3 weeks ago. And though it is over, I have been told that sometimes these little ones can become more aggressive. *I don't mean to offend anyone with very well behaved babies that are not spayed. I don't know if what I was told was true; it's just something that I am concerned about.*

With all that being said, I wanted to ask my YT family what would be the best way to introduce these little ones? Are there any warning signs I should look for? And considering that Latte' is not yet spayed, should the two not be left unattended?

in advance for all of your help. I look forward to all of your comments. You all are so helpful and knowledgable.

Jen
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!