View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 09:11 PM   #11
amandawash
Lovin' my R & R
Donating Member

You totally crack me up!! I have been following your recent threads about food- I totally admire the time your spending on this!!! Don't worry, I am totally OCD about this subject, so I totally relate!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloesMama View Post
I did look into The Honest Kitchen and I think it looks like a great product. I liked the idea of it still being raw , but in a more manageable and less messy form . it is totally manageable and really easy! My dh thought I had lost my mind when I suggested feeding raw . He loves the girls but thinks I have been putting way to much thought into this. luckily mine already knew how crazy I was, so everytime I say "what do you think about <insert whatever here>" he just rolls his eyes

I'm also wondering if mine would eat it? Looking at the video online it looked similar in consistency to oatmeal so I'm not sure how they would react to that. I have never feed canned or soft foods,always kibble, so I wonder how they would react? I do like the idea of making it fresh each time though. I didn't think mine would eat it either, but I just added a bit into their raw food for about 4 days before switching them, and they LOVE it now!! I think they really like the fact it is warm, Ranger never liked his raw food too cold!

Amandawash...Do you plan on adding things to the food or just feeding it as is? Also may I ask how big your dogs that would be eating it are ? I have a 2.5 lb and a ( about) 11 lb. dog so I wasn't sure how much I would have to order. I may have been miscalculating but it seemed I would have to order a lot ! Honestly, I am just feeding it as is- I feed the Force. Ranger is 5lbs and Ryder is 2.7lbs. Both are about a year and a half old. I consulted the company about how much to feed, and they told me 1/4 cup 2x a day for Ranger, and 1/8 cup 2x a day for Ryder. That actually makes a lot of food, and their belly's were really full after, so I actually cut them back and will add if needed. Ranger is getting 2 big tablespoons 2x a day, and Ryder gets 1 big tablespoon 2x a day. I hydrate it 1 part food to 3 parts water, which seems to be working well. I also add their digestive enzymes, fat-free yogurt and salmon oil

For now we are going to finish the bag of Wilderness and see how they do..Maybe all will go well. If not we will try the NV sample I have ( I really like the idea of rotation which is why I was leaning away from Wilderness...no variety really) and go on from there if that doesn't work...I guess it's all trial an error.

Dh is right I do tend to over analyze everything. But hey , It's what I do
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!