View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 06:35 PM   #15
Gracie2006
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Default Turene of grilled vegies

I got this one from my Provencal Light cookbook. I did all of the grilling on my George Foreman grill. It took me a couple of hours from start to finish. This would be great to do on an outdoor grill in the summer. It is really easy. I'm giving you the quantities I used which came out to about 4 servings. You need enough vegies to make 3 layers of each kind in a 2 quart casserole dish (it won't necessarily fill it up but you need it wide enough to fit the eggplant).

1 med. eggplant cut lengthwise into 1/4 -1/2 inch slices
2 small zucchini cut on the diagonal in 1/4 -1/2 inch slices
2 red bell peppers
About 1 lb. of button or portabello mushrooms

Put the peppers in a baking dish (brushed with a bit of Olive oil) and bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes, turning frequently. Bake until they start to blacken and are very soft. Remove from oven to a cooling rack, cover tightly with a lid or foil and allow to completely cool. When cooled, remove the skins and cut the peppers into thin slices ) about 1/4 inch if you can. Reserve the juice for the dressing.

While the peppers are baking, salt the zucchini and eggplant slices and set aside for 20 minutes. Rinse well and pat dry. Slice the mushrooms into 1/4 - 1/2 inch slices.

Brush both sides of the zucchini and eggplant with olive oil and grill until done. It took mine about 6-8 minutes each side on medium-medium high.
Remove to a platter and set aside.

Toss the mushrooms with a bit of olive oil and grill them until done. Set aside in a bowl.

Mix the left over pepper juice, 2 cloves of garlic, about 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar, 1 tspn of dijon mustard, salt and pepper.

Lightly brush a 2 quart casserole with olive oil. Layer the vegies, starting with the eggplant first. Top each layer with a sprinkling of the dressing. End with red peppers and dressing on top. Cover and let rest at room temperature for at least an hour.

This will take some time so best to start it by noon if you want it marinated at its best for the evening meal. Cut into squares and serve at room temp. I served it with some brown rice and grilled chicken tenderloins.

Really, really good!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!