View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 09:09 AM   #1
tammy8833
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Need Help and retraining the right way

HI
i have 2 year old gidget yorkie 7lbs (breeding female)
i have 1 year old Tanner yorkie 7lbs (breeding male)
i have 6 year old Little Girl Yorkie pom 5lbs (pregnant- last litter)

i have been having problems with Tanner spraying the house and i understand the reasons behind it. 1 i didnt train him correctly and 2. he is a breeding male and 3. i dont have the right schedule

but now im back to work for the first time in 2 years and need things working in a better order.

i normally get up at 5:30, let the dogs out of the crate, except little girl because she rarely will be available at crate time (she runs and hides somewhere, always has) at 6:45 i let them back in and eat, go back to the crate until i get home around 4, let them out till 6:30-7 and let them run around the house then crate by 10-11pm, they usually got out one more time around 9ish. but my mom thinks that because i never established that going outside was to potty - house training is the reason we are still having accidents

Tanner had been doing really well, and of course little girl is pregnant by him so im sure that changed things and i dont mind putting a belly band on but none that i have order fit just right. But last night he got on the new furniture and sprayed it, ran by the tv sprayed it, keeps spraying the trash can, spraying the babies crib..getting really bad and this can be right after i let them in.

my husband is outraged right now about the sofa, its brand new, still making payments, had it about 3 months and its a cream microfiber sectional. well husband said from now if he is inside he is in his crate, i know he was mad but i explained thats not humane and that OUR kids just got donuts on them and he isnt banishing them from the house...which i think just made him madder...lol

i need guidance in how to alter their way of thinking and mine, i need a plan for a new schedule anyway with going to work and making sure they are happy and listening

the girls pee in the house too, not as much but they do they love carpet!
i would love to have them all sleep with me at night but i cant trust them

and im looking at getting another puppy =) i can handle it i just need to change some things and am looking to your guys for a little assistance

Thanks
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!