JCarlson2004
Mommy To 3 Poochies
Donating Member

Angry 60 Feces-Covered Pets Found In Home

OMG this is disgusting! Check this out:

http://www.local6.com/news/5031112/d...0428&qs=1;bp=t

OSTED: 12:01 pm EDT September 28, 2005
UPDATED: 6:08 am EDT September 29, 2005

DELTONA, Fla. -- A woman in Deltona was arrested Wednesday after animal control officers removed more than 60 animals from her home covered in so much feces, officers could not tell which were dogs and which were cats, according to a Local 6 News report.

Officers wearing oxygen masks and protective suits removed 45 cats, 17 dogs and a bird from Linda Castillo's three-bedroom home located on West Ninth Street in Deltona after neighbors complained of horrible smells.

"This is the worst case of animal cruelty I’ve ever seen," said enforcement services officer Kathy Fick. "The condition these animals were living in is deplorable."

According to some of the officers who brought the animals outside of the home, the filth inside included up to five inches of feces, Local 6 News reporter Chris Trenkmann said.

Officials said piles of garbage were also inside the home.

Local 6 News has learned it is not the first time deputies have been called out to the same home. There have been similar complaints from neighbors in the past.

Castillo faces a misdemeanor and third-degree felony charge.

All of the animals removed from the home were transported to Halifax Humane Society in Daytona Beach.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

Copyright 2005 by Internet Broadcasting Systems and Local6.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!