View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 09:43 AM   #21
Mystify79
YT 500 Club Member

Congratulations! I don't have any great advice but here are a few things that were really helpful to me:

Ultimate Wedding.com - They used to have a great forum there but it looks like it's been removed but the site itself is really great.

Wedding Channel.com - This site also has great info and has a message board.

Bridesave.com - This is a really great site for wedding dresses. I actually bought my dress off the rack at their store in Midland, TX. Their prices usually are tons better than a lot of fancy bridal salons and their customer service is fantastic. And even if you don't use it to buy a dress at, it's awesome to be able to look at so many dresses on one site.

Bridal Bargains: Secrets to Throwing a Fantastic Wedding on a Realistic Budget by Denise Fields & Alan Fields - This is by far the best wedding book ever. It was my wedding bible. Even if you aren't planning a wedding on a budget, this book is indispensable with all the helpful tips it has.

Cyberbride: The Complete Online Guide to Planning Your Wedding by Denise & Alan Fields - Another great book by the same authors. I did a HUGE amount of wedding stuff online and this was a great resource.

I think both of the books are out of print but you should be able to get them easily used on eBay or Amazon. I bought tons of books and tons of magazines and those two books were the only ones I kept returning to and they were worn to bits by the time my wedding was over.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!