View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009, 05:36 PM   #3
chattiesmom
Donating YT 10K Club Member

That is totally cool. It sounds like you have one smart little boy!

I think that Yorkies are exceptionally smart and that coupled with their independent nature makes it a challenge to train them at times.

I have to share one of Chizziewink's self-taught behaviors.....

When its time to eat Chizzie and Dovie are both right under my feet trying to rush me along. I feed Dovie in the kitchen on one side of a baby gate that separates the kitchen from the dining room and Chizzie is fed just on the other side of the gate.

I always put Dovie's food down first and as she starts top eat I set Chizzie's bowl down. Chizzie will, without fail, hesitate for about 5 seconds and then she is off like a rocket to her bowl. It amazes me that will leave Dovie and her bowl and run all the way around to her side to eat. I might add that in order for Chizzie to get to her food she has to turn around and go in the opposite direction from where Dovie is eating, make a right turn, run throught he breakfast room, make another right turn, run through the living room and make a third right turn to make the last mad dash through the dining room to her bowl.

She is very good at problem solving.
chattiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!