View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 06:51 AM   #10
Biddy's Mom
and Tucker's too!
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvan
I do event planning as part of my design business...holler for whatever you need help with.
here's my get started list.
Set a general date, but be flexible until you contact locations and find the one you like the best.
Start scouting locations.
Decide on # of people and stick firmly to the amount, politely let your mil to be know it's up to you to decide what's feasible. choose wedding party.
Choose time of day for wedding/reception...this helps narrow down meal decisions/ brunch, formal dinner etc..and clothing options.
Decide what style suits you best...traditional,formal, lavish, elegant, simple, festive, unique.
Music is key. It's okay to combine styles for different times during the day. Check availability of musicians/dj's etc.
Line up a photographer...check out a few.
Start thinking about colors/theme. Keep in mind that although fuschia may be your fave, many people don't like (or look good) wearing it...use it as an accent.
Caterers and Cake, who doesn't like thinking about cake.
Gorge yourself on bridal magazines. Create a file with tear sheets of what you love.
Relax, the details will somehow miraculously fall into place and the oopses are great memories to cherish.
best wishes

Thanks so much - this is really helpful. I am thinking about October of next year, so that'll give me a year to plan. Thank God Scott is so good. He can put up with all my craziness!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!