View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 11:07 AM   #9
donnarod
"Owned" by Miss Tricksie
Donating Member

Default My beautiful bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega View Post
She is pretty. That's great that the dog and bird get along so well.

That's too bad about your Macaw. I have an African Grey that loves to talk to us, too. She know the dogs and tells them to go potty and go to their kennel. She talks in my voice and says, "Come on girls." She can say SO many things.

Macaws are beautiful. Their size is intimidating to me. Their beaks are so incredibly strong. Are you planning on getting another bird? Did you have this one since it was a baby?
Can you get some video's of your African Grey? When I would get the camera out, Cleo would not open her mouth. We had some guys working around outside, we were gone and they said Cleo was screaming my husbands name and is sounded just like me.
She was a couple years old when we got her, and I knew nothing, so the first time I took her out put on a leather jacket and she did bite me, found out that you should not pad yourself because they want to see what is under it, after that I could take her out and she would cuddle and kiss, never did bite me again. She loved my husband too if he were not close to me, did not want anyone to touch me.
Kept her wings cut and she walked around the house, played with Kojak, my husband was sitting on the sofa and she climbed up to him and picked up the telephone and said, "HELLO"!
Didn't mean for this to get so long.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!