View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 02:23 AM   #7
melb
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegan's mom View Post
I really want to add a new puppy to our family, but this is one of the scenarios that makes me nervous about doing so... What if they fight constantly to the point where they just don't get along?? I'd hate to bring a new addition in only to find out that the two dogs don't get along and have to rehome the one. I assume that you should still give your first dog special attention so they don't get too jealous, but what are some other ways to bypass this?
Poppy was never jealous just delighted to have a new friend but Charlie was scared of her at first. For the first few days we kept them separate and introduced them slowly, 5-10 mins at a time, keeping a constant eye on them and pulling Poppy off if she got too boisterous. She was 4 months when we got Charlie. They slept separately for a week but have been fine together at night since then. The main problem seems to be when Charlie is snoozing. Poppy tries to play with him and he gets very irritable. He is just 4 months and has started to play a lot more boisterously and she is calming down a lot. I think because he is soooo small he is just protecting himself, he also seems to be going through a scared period - he shakes when we put his harness on and when we put him to bed. i think us being off work for Christmas has upset his routine a bit and he is getting clingy.
melb is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!