View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 07:18 PM   #12
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelz View Post
i don't see any problem with a breeder turning them over to a rescue.. i don't think it is considered dumping at all.. they are turning them over and trusting that they will find new loving forever homes for them!
I think that it is different for a breeder who is breeding responsibly...and in the case mentioned above where she was heartbroken and wanted them in a good home. I remember reading the thread about her yorkies and it was so sad. I will offer to help a breeder who is reputable....I will not accept dogs over and over and over from a breeder. That is my policy....I am not speaking for any rescue. I think that to take in dogs like that is enabling the backyard breeders and mills.
I have heard people say that the dogs will be euthanized if rescue does not take them...BUT I have seen them take these pups in while other yorkies DO get euthanized in shelters. I saw one here in TX where the rescue was driving to MO to pick up 12 yorkies from a mill...and there were two here in TX in shelters that no one could take! That is just not right imo.
A really reputable breeder should not have the numbers to turn over to rescue over and over and over. OK..I have repeated myself.
BUT...that thread the other day had nothing to do with a breeder asking for help placing a couple of pups. There was something seriously wrong in that case from what I saw.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!