View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 05:42 PM   #5
Karrie
Donating YT Addict

Bailey is a level 1 - both knees. She had trouble last Nov - when she was 8 mos old. I noticed her limping around a few times. I rushed to the vet - worried about legg-perthes (just because I'm a worrier - and it typically diagnosed about that age). Doc confirmed it was LP and that she was still a level 1 - but if she continued to have trouble then we should do surgery.

Oddly, after that very vet visit - Bailey has never has limped again!!!! She's now almost 2 years.

The vet said keep her weight down and she should be okay (very hard to do!!!). Also, according to my vet - a lot of people think that jumping off furniture will trigger a limp (and it seems very logical to me) - but the vet explained that running the fence line (run/stop/run/stop)and taking the stairs is more problematic for LP than jumping off the furniture. Its the knee action that causes the slip more than the impact of jumping off things. Bailey has never ran a fence line - but she goes up and down stairs several times a day - and (knock on wood) no problems!!!!

Good luck!!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!