View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 04:32 PM   #1
Ashley V
♥ Chip ♥ Smokey ♥
Donating Member

Default Anyone have an arthroscopic knee surgery?

I was just wondering if anyone had an arthroscopic knee surgery for a meniscus tear or similar and if their knee improved, stayed the same, or got worse after surgery.

About 6 years ago, I was riding a green Arabian horse and he decided he wanted to bolt off galloping unexpectedly for no reason. I was thrown off after holding on for a good 30 seconds. I fell directly onto my right knee and it locked into place. I couldn't move it at all. Somehow the people I was with got it working again and I just iced it later and didn't think much of it, even though it hurt like CRAZY. In fact, I even jumped right back on the crazy horse a few minutes later (I must have been gluten for punishment lol). I went to the doctor a few months later because it was still bothering me but she just took an xray and didn't think anything was wrong, so I went for 5 years before going back to the doctor. It had caused me a lot of pain and swelling in those 5 years, but I figured it was just trauma. I decided to go back to another doctor, because it was starting to get to the point where I almost couldn't walk and I was unstable. My job at the time required me to climb on small ladders and I don't know how many times I almost fell backwards because my knee couldn't hold my weight up and I'm a really tiny person, so weight wasn't an issue. He did an MRI and told me I needed to have surgery so about a month later I went ahead and did it. Everything was going great for about 2 weeks and I was walking home (about 10 PM at night) in heels from my second job. When I was almost home I noticed there was this van following me real close and really slowly. When I got to my home stretch, I booked it all the way home and ran as fast as I could (in heels). Ever since then, my knee went back to the way it was prior, so I've seen 3 doctors ever since and they haven't done anything about it.... I was just wondering what other people have experienced and whether my pain could be arthritis as I've been told it is or if I actually maybe hurt it again from running. Also too, for those that went a long time without surgery, did your other knee suffer too? My left knee also causes me a great deal of pain too... not as bad as my right one, but it definitely causes pain.

Karley Marissa born 1/20/12 weighing 8 lbs 11 oz and 21.5 inches long
Ashley V is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!