View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 10:42 AM   #2
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC YorkieRescue View Post
I would like to give my opinion of Maxine Pritzer’s Yorkies. Her breeding ethics have been discussed in the past on YT and our rescues name, NC Yorkie Rescue, has been associated with her as well. For this reason, I would like to clarify several misconceptions regarding the turn over of her dogs to our rescue.

This past fall, our group, NC Yorkie Rescue, was notified of 7 females and 1 male yorkie that a breeder Maxine Pritzer in Ohio wanted to surrender due to closing her breeding business. Our group agreed to take all of the dogs into our care and properly vet, spay/neuter and rehome them. The females all were to be spayed and vetted and the male needed neuter and dental care all of which had previously not been provided. We expected to incur a very large bill to properly bring these pups to a healthy condition. These arrangements were made with a member here on YT YorkieShadow. I spoke both with Maxine and YorkieShadow (Debbie) and it was agreed they would be picked up at the end of August. Part of the agreement of the surrender was that all the dogs needed rabies vaccines prior to the transport. I had several phone conversations with both Maxine and YorkieShadow. YorkieShadow/aka Debbie was very unreasonable and belligerent in my dealings with her, making this surrender very difficult. In spite of this all was going as planned up until the weekend of the transport. I phoned Maxine the evening before the surrender to confirm all arrangements, and was told the dogs were not going and no further explanation.

I would like to clarify postings by YorkieShadow regarding this situation. These dogs were not turned over to NC Yorkie Rescue and we have no knowledge of what happened to them and they were never on our website for adoption. The condition these dogs were to be surrender in does not reflect that of a reputable breeding program. Maxine Pritzer in my opinion had given substandard to nonexistent veterinary care to all of these dogs for a very long time for this to occur. Her breeding program in my opinion is substandard which is proven by her lack of care for her breeder females and also the male that she contacted us to surrender.

Unfortunately, NC Yorkie Rescue was not allowed by Maxine to rehome any of these yorkies and we do not know of their final outcome. What is the most disturbing is the “I’m SHOCKED” thread that she is still breeding yorkies after stating she was closing her breeding operation

Thank you for posting this. So tragic for those pups....but, people need to know that all of what was said was not true.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!