Thread: Silver hair
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 12:46 AM   #1
adorame
YT 2000 Club Member

Question Silver hair

I got a call from my friend who lives out of state today and she was a bit upset after a visit to her local Petco. She had her Yorkie, Peanut with her, he is almost a year and is about 9 pounds and has a lot of silver in his hair, not the steel blue. He is a cutie and I think he looks Yorkie to me, he looks a lot like my Axl in a way. anyway's she was approached by a lady who asked her what breed he was, When she said Yorkie she told her "OH no some where in his line he has Silky in him, look at all that silver." When my friend said no he was 100% Yorkie , he is AKC registered and she had his pedigree to prove it. Well she got snippy and said she should know as she judges dogs for dog shows! She started to put down poor Peanut again by saying if he was a pure Yorkie he would be small, as Yorkies do not get over 7 pounds So now my friend is wondering if Peanut has Silky in his line. I told her not to worry so much that the lady was RUDE and she did not know what she was talking about. She thinks this lady must know something because she judges dogs in shows and all that. Has anyone ever had something like that happen to them, and got you wondering about your dog? Also just because this lady so call judges dogs, does it make her an expert? She is very upset and I just don't know what to tell her other than she should join YT and see all the other Yorkies that have more Silver to them and are "Tea Pots"

Last edited by adorame; 12-30-2008 at 12:49 AM. Reason: added more information
adorame is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!