View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 11:47 PM   #3
lemonlauren
YT Addict

Wow, weird... this is happening with my puppy too, and he's also on Chicken Soup for the Puppy Lover! Not that I necessarily think the food is the culprit, but I really have no idea.

My pup has had a tough time with some intestinal parasites, but we think he's about over it hopefully - we've been insanely diligent with cleaning, bleaching, and the meds. And his stools are looking a lot better...

But, like you, first poo of the day is best - almost normal looking. 2nd is wetter, and less formed. Third varies between "less formed" and "soft serve." Any after that are soft serve very stinky chocolate mousse. And there are always at least 3 poos a day - it's not uncommon to get 4 or 5. And not tiny poops either!

I'd love to hear other opinions on what could be causing this... is it the food? An allergy? I know there's a pretty broad variety of ingredients in the Chicken Soup brand. Is holding the poo overnight causing some of the liquid in it to be re-absorbed in the intestines so the first poo of the day is more dry than the others? LOL, what's up!?!

Lauren & Nikko
lemonlauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!