View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 07:16 PM   #8
Ellie May
And Rylee Finnegan
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmrldShdwQueen View Post
Thank you everyone, that is really helpful information. I'm going to try and contact Susan Davis since she comes so highly recommended. Where did you get your food scale?

She has had bloodwork done twice, at the beginning of her pickiness to make sure she didn't have an infection, and once a couple months ago when she got her updated rabies. Everything has looked great so far.

She is due to be spayed and have her teeth cleaned in February, so I plan on doing the blood panel again before that as well. She gets Eicosaderm daily and I've tried giving her Pet Tabs but no matter what form I put them in, crushed or not, she will not eat them, even hidden in yogurt or cheese, she knows it... The Eicosaderm tastes like fish so she likes that, but I doubt fish oil is enough of a supplement for her.

I think she does this because she knows I'll keep switching for her and give her whatever she wants, but at the same time I feel terrible doing the "they'll eat when they're hungry" routine...I just can't, I have to make sure she eats and if this is what it takes then so be it.
Fish oil isn't enough and even Pet Tabs aren't enough.
Most dog vitamins were created to add to commercial food which is already full of them. She will most likely need something quite a bit more concentrated.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!