View Single Post
Old 09-28-2005, 02:47 PM   #9
mustangbee
Donating YT 9000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by feminvstr
welcome, you are going to have a huge job ahead of you. Please contact your vet and get emergency numbers if you need his assistance in whelping this litter. I would also recommend that you take her in to get and xray to find how many kids she is having and if her birth canal is large enough to free whelp otherwise you may be in complication and heart ache.

here is a great website that will tell you all the things you will need to get for a proper whelping http://www.debbiejensen.com/whelp_supplies.html

here is the link to all her pages which will perhaps answer many of your questions http://www.debbiejensen.com/whelping.html

then you need to followup with the proper feeding (only qulaity puppy food should have been her diet along with natural protein while she was pregnant and through nursing)

here are the changes you and your little gal will experience as she is approaching her whelp date assuming it was around july 30th breed date

Sat 17 Sep 2005 -
Sun 2 Oct 2005 Nipples and vulva should be gently cleaned with warm water, you might want to trim the hairs surrounding the nipples, to allow easier access for the puppies to suck.

Tue 27 Sep 2005 -
Fri 30 Sep 2005 Milky fluid may be expressed from the nipples.

Wed 28 Sep 2005 You might want to start taking the dams rectal temperature each morning and evening.

Sat 1 Oct 2005 Twelve to 24 hours before she is due to deliver, the dams rectal temperature may drop from 101 to 98 degrees.
Clear discharge from the vulva might occur.

Sun 2 Oct 2005 Expected date of whelp. Of course this is just an average. Whelping may take place from the 59th to the 65th day. Puppies born before the 58th day will probably be too young to survive.

please let us know how things are progressing

Way to go!!!!
Just like I said, there are Breeders who
would have the right answers!
I have read, and re-read many breeding books,
and, I have been to lots of sites, But when we are ready,
I still want our Breeder there, and our Vet on call.
Having a Grandson born was easy, Having GrandPuppies,
Now that's going to be a different story.
mustangbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!