View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 09:11 PM   #1
pepe mint
YT 3000 Club Member

Confused holy SMACK...I SWEAR I have the worst luck EVER!!!!!!

I am on a roll!!!!!!!

3 weeks ago, I go out to a major oil leak in my car. 800 dollars later, I find out that the "free" oil change I got from firestone was "not so free". They over tightened the oil filter causing a major crack in the oil cooler...and several things had to be replaced because of it. yep....an $800 oil change!!! THEN the day I was supposed to be able to pick my car up from the shop, it rained like mad and they realized there was a leak in the sun roof. 4 inches of water inside my car!!!!!!! so they had to repair the leak, take out all of the seats and carpet, do a mold treatment, dry it all up, and put it all back together. another $867. so, I get to pick my car up $1667 later!!! That doesn't count the money I had to pay to tow the car to the shop and the rental car that I had to drive for a week.

to top that off, I lost my job over it all. Since my car kicked the bucket and I had no way to get to work at 7am that monday morning...they decided I must not take my job serious enough and they let me go. So here I am without a job.

3 weeks later, I get a job...a job I have been trying for over 3 months to get. I was SOOO excited..but on the down side, I had to cancel my trip to florida with my bf and bff that I had planned for a few weeks. I was going to spend Christmas with my bf and his family in Orlando, and my bff was going along for the ride. I had to cancel my trip so I could start this job. Not such a big deal, just a little heartbreaking. They went without me and had a great time. I got to hear ALLLLL about their fun in the sun on the beach, their exciting fun filled day at universal studios, etc. geee...thanks. Anyway, I was determined to have a good Christmas anyway. Surely it would all be ok, because I have this wonderful job now..things are starting to look up.

well...don't speak so soon sister!!! Christmas eve night, I go to leave the dinner party I'm at with my landlord, at their house. I go to back out of the crooked driveway and end up running over their cable box in the yard. knocked the cover off of it and the pole sticking out of the ground pierces my gas tank. YEP...I had JUST filled up the tank. 13 gallons of gas all over the drive way and yard. The volunteer fire department had to be called out. I was mortified. and once again without a car. Thankfully my bff was out of town and she said I could use her car until mine got fixed. and THANKFULLY my landlords uncle was able to fix it for pretty cheap over the weekend. so I do have it back.

NOW...my bf and bff are on their way back from their lovely Orlando trip. I am at his house waiting for their return..decide to go to my place to pick a few things up. I get in the car, start to drive off, and realize my interior lights are not coming on. suddenly my battery light starts flashing. OMG..I am freaking out. you have to be kidding me!!!!!!!!!!! so i turn around and decide i would rather be stranded at his place than on the side of the road. Now I am hoping and praying my car will get me to work in the morning. I am really freaking out. I give up.

surely 2009 will be better, right?!?!?!?!?!!! I just wish I could catch a break somewhere. I'm exhausted.....
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!