View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 06:53 PM   #5
lemonlauren
YT Addict

My boy's parents were a yorkipoo and a full yorkie, so he's 3/4 yorkie and 1/4 poodle. We've only had him for a month (he's 4 months old now), so I don't know much about long term or health concerns - he seems healthy other than some stomach parasites, but that has nothing to do with his breeding.

As far as temperment goes, he seems very smart, and though he's hyper at times, he's also a cuddler. Seems about par for the course with what I've heard about yorkipoos. Like I said, we've had him for a month, and he's still confined to the non-carpeted areas of our house, but in those areas he hasn't peed or poo'd in over a week now! And there have been times when it was obvious he was holding it in, waiting for us to take him outside (he hasn't figured out how to signal us to go outside yet). I've heard yorkipoos are easier to potty train than yorkies, and whether it's true or not, our boy seems to be doing a pretty good job so far. Fingers crossed. :-)

Hope that helps a little...!

Lauren & Nikko

PS: Yorkipoo sizes vary wildly depending on how big the parents are, especially the poodle parent. We'll probably be lucky if our boy reaches 6lbs - he's a little over 3lbs right now. Their appearances vary a lot too - even within the litter we picked Nikko from, there were pretty big size and appearance differences.
lemonlauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!