View Single Post
Old 09-28-2005, 01:38 PM   #4
letty00
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

When I got Lacy spayed the vet gave her internal sutures that dissolved on their own. A couple of weeks later I found out she had a hernia. The vet that I took her to didn't close her up right and the sutures started to come apart. That's a story in itself. Anyway, I took her to another vet who had to open her up in the same spot to remove the hernia. This vet ended up giving Lacy sutures on the inside because the other vet had screwed up. She used thicker sutures than she normally would have because she had opened up the previous time. These stitches are still inside her. The vet didn't use the sutures that dissolve. She also had to stitch her up on the outside. She had those removed after 2 wks. I took her to the vet a couple of weeks ago for her rabies shot and the vet asked me if I wanted to have the stitches removed that were still inside her. I asked her if I didn't have them removed would it cause any problems, she said no. So I decided not to have them removed. I don't want to put Lacy through pain that's not necessary. Anyway, Lacy is bumpy where her scar is too. For her it's normal cuz the stitches are still in there. I don't know if it is for your baby though. Did your vet use internal or external sutures?
letty00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!