View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 01:34 PM   #11
OneShinyface
Senior Yorkie Talker

I got my Diva when she was really young too. She's almost 10 weeks now and does just fine in her crate.

I bought her a really tiny pink crate and added soft towels and a fake sheepskin rug to it. I also put a small box in the back to make it even tinier. At night, I'd put her in it and cover it with another towel and left the TV on for her. She'd whimper the first few minutes in it then she'd go to sleep. One night, I did have to add an old t-shirt that I'd worn and once she snuggled into it, she was quiet.

I also had her take naps in the crate too.

I think another thing that helped was that I would tire her out so that she'd sleep for a long time at night. If I was home during the day, her naps were kept short so that by nighttime, she was exhausted and ready to sleep. I was so thankful because I felt as though I was re-living the newborn days of my sons...not good.

We were getting up 2x a night to potty. Now, she can sleep for about 6 hours or so without pottying. And during the day, she goes for good stretches too. I'm rather amazed.

Good luck to you! It does get better, but I know how frustrating things can be.
OneShinyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!