View Single Post
Old 12-27-2008, 11:40 AM   #1
FLyorkieOWNER
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default first time pet owner needs advice

Hello Everyone,
My name is Jesse and I bought my girlfriend Nicole an 8wk old puppy yorkie for Christmas. I have never had a dog before and she used to have a yorkie when she lived with her mom, but she never had to train her old yorkie. We need as much advice as you are all willing to give. We have had the dog for 5 days right now and we do not know whether to crate train or pee pad train or walk him outside? I work 5 days a week from 9am-8pm and she works from 8am-6pm with a lunch break around 1pm to go feed him. For the last week we have been leaving him in the kitched with a pee pad, food, and water with the baby gate up. He pees and poops where he wants and when he wants. Sometimes he uses the pad, sometimes he does not. We are feeding him Pedigree for puppy and mixing the hard and soft, I am sure if this is good or not. Please give me suggestions on food, training, arrangements and how to leave him home without being cruel to him. I love him like my son already and just want to be the best "Dad" I can be for him. And I am 24 and my girlfriend is 22, if anyone lives in South Florida and wants to get together for some puppy playtime just let me know. Thank you everyone.
FLyorkieOWNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!