View Single Post
Old 12-25-2008, 11:03 PM   #11
lovelylf1
I ♥ Scooter
Donating Member

Animal Smiley 019

Quote:
Originally Posted by connie sikora View Post
Just so you know..if you take the dog out of the carrier on the plane and someone complains, they could fine you $40,000! Tulsa has flown 20 times and he sleeps the whole time. It could be the hum of the engines, but he does really good. I have a half hour communte to work every day and he comes with me every day. He is most comfy and happy when I put him in his carrier. Its really much safer than having him just laying on the seat. Im glad your trip went well.
Another thing to be aware of is airports now require the dogs to be in their carriers as soon as you enter the main doors. You could previously enter, check-in, go through security, and get to your gate before putting them in their bags. Now, airport security will come yell at you...even if you enter the airport with the bag in hand. The bag check-in person always made me take Scooter out of the carrier before but airport polce came up to me in line and forced me t put him in his bag. Scooter luckly does good in his bag but with long travel, I hate putting him in early. I always put him in when they ask so they will leave me alone, I just dont see the point if the baggage ppl need to check his health and he has to come out for security. I travel alone for the most part and it is hard to juggle all my stuff and him, especially having to be in and out of the bag so much.

As Connie said, it can be crazy expensive if you get caught on a plane with them out....the FAA has control at that point. They won't land the plane early because of it but you can be sure if you get turned in and it is reported, airport police could be waiting for you when you exit the plane.

Good luck and sorry for rambling. My advice, don't test your limits with pet travel, you don't want to pay for it.

Last edited by lovelylf1; 12-25-2008 at 11:05 PM.
lovelylf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!