View Single Post
Old 12-25-2008, 02:45 PM   #8
PapisMami
Yorkie Yakker

Love Similar situation

Hello, my 3 month old 2.6 lb yorkie boy got into something the other day (22rd) and has been sick since 12am on the 24th.
I think it may have been a piece of rib meat...or it could have been cookie batter.

I took him to the vet on the 24th first thing in the morning and they wanted to charge me 600 dollars to keep him in hospital forone day and do allsorts of blood work, xrays and IV.

He has since progressed about 25% and I am giving him Pedialyte which hydrates him and he is drinking water on his own. I also gave him Pepto Bismol for his tummy. The vet sad he had some gastric pain but did not prescribe anything. I have gastro wet food as well from the vet but he has not eaten it. I am feeding him chicken baby food with a suringe and I fasted him about 12 hrs with only water beforehand.

Since it is the holidays and the only opt is the ER I have hesitated as EVERYONE (except the vet and a few wealthies off this site) have told me not to worry, he will be fine, and just keep doing what I am doing (pedialyte, baby food, water, pepto if necessary).

What are you aiming towards doing, and how is your baby feeling now? How long did he take to get backto normal? My dog just wants to sleep all day but he is alert and not lethargic.
I don't believe it is pancreatil, will get a test for it when the vet opens again but..... are curious for answers. And I hope some of what I have been doing had helped...
PapisMami is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!