Thread: really upset...
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2008, 07:09 PM   #3
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

I'm sorry you have to go through this, it's hard enough staying at someone's house, and when they let you know you’re a nuisance, they can really make you feel bad. Know that this is her problem, you are not doing anything wrong. It is your job to protect your puppy and it sounds like you are doing a great job. I've noticed that people always say "over protective" when they are trying to manipulate you into doing something their way, you could just say something like, "well that might be true, but I'm just trying to be "protective. It's better to be a little over protective, than UNDER protective."

There are so many ways you could handle this situation. You could have a heart to heart with your dad; you could also have a heart to heart with your stepmother. You could also go stay at your mom's house. It sounds like your stepmother is insecure, some women don't like to be reminded that their husband ever loved anyone else and don't want him to share his love with his previous children. Sometimes, making them feel special helps soften them. Is there anything about her that you do like? You know if you can make her feel that you appreciate her and think she is special for allowing you to visit over the holidays, maybe she'll lighten up.

When you have skin kids, people will do the same thing, they always think they know what's best, and will have an opinion in how you are doing. Some people say you should just listen and say, that sounds like a great idea, and then do what you want.

I don't know how you can handle this without getting upset, just keep remembering, your doing what you thing is best, and that's all you can do. Hope she grows up soon.

Join today and remove this ad!