View Single Post
Old 12-24-2008, 12:08 PM   #1
annamalyssa
BANNED!

Confused Help .. Hand Fed Yorkie .... ARGH!

So about a week ago, Gucci hadn't eaten so I got his food from his dish and was playing a game with him and hand feeding him.. all went well and he ate. That day he wanted to be hand fed ALL DAY, which was fine by me so we played our little food game for the rest of his feedings.

The next day , he ate breakfast and then came lunch and he wouldn't touch it.. he would go to the bowl and sniff around, move the pieces with his nose but he wouldn't eat. So I again fed him by hand and he was excited to eat that way.

Fast forward .. ALL WEEK he has only eaten maybe 2 meals on his own and I had to bribe him by putting two blobs of nutrical mixed in water on the food and stirring it around! I don't understand why he is doing this, he will go ALL DAY without eating (as proven yesterday) If I don't hand feed him and that worries me .. I am worried if I am not home he won't eat.

I am at a loss and don't know what to do to get him to eat again.... He can't go on only being hand fed... or can he? I don't know why he started doing this nor do I know why it appeals to him, does he think it's fun? or bonding? or something else?

Any Suggestions....???

Happy Holidays and Thanks in Advance!!
annamalyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!