View Single Post
Old 12-24-2008, 08:12 AM   #12
amandawash
Lovin' my R & R
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
Awww - I wish I lived near you, I would take the babies for you! Are you boarding them? One thing that might help with his worrying (I had to smile at your description bc Wylie too carries the world on his shoulders, whereas Marcel is just an easy-breezy baby brother ) is a D.A.P. collar (d.a.p.= dog appeasing pheromone). It is a natural pheromone that is supposed to help dogs with anxiety. They sell collars and outlet "plug-ins" - but maybe for boarding, a collar for him? I believe both Petco/Petsmart are now carrying D.A.P. products, but you may want to call first beforehand to see if they have the actual collar.

If he does/has had sometimes issues from both ends (vomiting & stool issues), it could be ibs. That can resolve for some babies though. I think you're doing both that dig.enz. and a probio, so that may help but can take 3mths or so to really heal the intestine. There are other things that can help with IBS too, but who knows if that's his issue yet.

Anyway, I hope things improve for the little fella.
I would love that!! We have been talking about moving to the Scottsdale area for some time, but hubby balks because he would miss the snow too much!! I have several friends around here that I would trust in a second but this time of year is awful and it's so much to ask of anyone right now. My boys are *not* the easiest guys to have around

Marcel and Wylie sound like Ryder and Ranger- I have the carefree little lover boy and the sensitive worry-wort. I hate this traveling crap, we usually don't go anywhere without them more than once a year so this year has been a fluke.

I really don't think he has IBS, because he is more apt to throw up bile. I haven't had the big D problem since last spring, so I think (HOPE) we're over that! I am going to give that Honest Kitchen a try, and see how they like it. I think Ranger will like it because he does not care for his food too cold and prefers it more to room temp, which I have been doing anyway. It's actually more cost effective as well, and when we travel all over for my horse competitions, it would be easier to take.

Thanks so much for all your help. I really really really appreciate it! We are on day 2 of the ulcer meds, so he'll go through the course of two weeks on it and hopefully if there is anything in there, they will heal up.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!